Pre Treatment Instructions
- Avoid waxing, tweezing, plucking, using Nair, or bleaching for 2 weeks prior to your treatment
- Avoid sun exposure or tanning beds for at least 1 week prior to your treatment, although we recommend 2 weeks.
- If you have a history of Herpes, medication must be taken 2 days before and 5 days after the treatment.
- Be sure to cleanly shave the area to be treated the day before the treatment.
- Be sure the area to be treated is free of cosmetics, deodorants, and creams when you come in for your treatment.
- It is recommended not to drink caffeine within 24 hours before your treatment; it may make your skin a little sensitive.
Post Treatment Instructions
- Immediately after treatment, you can expect some erythema (redness) and edema (swelling) at the treatment site which may last up to 2 hours or longer. The redness may last up to 2-3 days.
- The treated area will feel like a sunburn for a few hours after treatment.
- Azul Laser Clinic has post care products available which are recommended for the most effectiveness. Aloe Vera gel can also be used.
- Shedding of hair may occur from 5-14 days after treatment. This appears as new hair growth but is NOT. You can clean and remove this hair by washing or wiping the area with a wet cloth or Loofa sponge, shaving is also okay. DO NOT use any other method of hair removal (ex: plucking, waxing, nair)
- Avoid intentional sun exposure or tanning beds. Use sunscreen of SPF 25 or greater; Azul Laser Clinic has total block available.
- When bathing, treat the skin gently (as if you had a sunburn) for the first 24 hours.
- Hair re-growth occurs at different rates on different areas of the body. New hair growth will not occur for at least 3 weeks after treatment.
- Call for an appointment at the first sign of return hair growth – generally about 6 weeks is optimal.
- Feel free to call our office at 915-317-5212 with any questions or concerns you may have after treatment.